About the School
Type: Pre-Prep, Prep
Number of Pupils: 277 (Boys: 3-13yrs, Co-ed: 3-8yrs)
Fees per term:
From £695 - £8,630
Religious Affiliation: Christian
Non-selective, early registration recommended
Autumn Term: 4th September - 11th December 2019
Spring Term: 8th January - 25th March 2020
Summer Term: 24th April - 4th July 2020
Pre-Prep in May and November
Last year’s leavers were offered a record 22 scholarships to schools as geographically diverse as Eton and Harrow in the South and Merchiston Castle in the North. These awards were made across a wide range of disciplines including academic (including a King’s scholarship to Eton), music, sport, art, DT, and all-rounder.
Academics come first and foremost and sport is undoubtedly a strength, but with 75% of the boys playing a musical instrument, 100 boys singing in choirs, a new Art and DT department, and dramatic productions for all year groups, opportunities abound in all aspects of school life.
“Aysgarth provides the opportunity for children to make the most of their potential and genuinely prepares them for public school and later life. We believe that happy boys learn more quickly and are much more likely to support each other and contribute to society.”
Inside ScoopBehind the scenes access from the schools themselves with unique parent reviews
A Parent's Perspective
We love that Aysgarth is an all boy environment in Prep, where the boys have the freedom to be boys. The school offers a real sense of adventure, where the boys are encouraged to behave like children and be active in a good old-fashioned way.
Aysgarth is set in beautiful grounds and has a real sense of ‘place’. When you walk down the corridors the boys are like a boisterous, bounding pack of puppies – full of noise, excitement, life and energy. This encourages the boys to be hardy too, where they spend huge amounts of time outside playing sports and games in all-weather conditions.
The boys go onto a wide variety of schools including Eton, Harrow and Merchiston Castle, all as happy, confident all-rounders.
As Parents, We Love...
- We love that it has given our son so much confidence and self-assurance without being arrogant. The school has helped to develop his resilience too.
- The boys are stretched academically to achieve as much as they can by some incredibly dedicated passionate and caring teachers.
- We love the choir and the chapel services; it’s a very special place and the fact that a 1st team sports jumper is as coveted as the senior choir gown is great.
Our Children Love...
- Fun and laughter with their peers in a strong boarding community, “a constant sleepover!” They're also proud of one and another's achievements which is lovely.
- The broad range of activities from mountain biking and rock climbing to scuba diving and clay pigeon shooting.
- The amazing opportunities, from the Choir tour in France to the rugby tour in Oxford.