About the School
Type: Senior, Sixth Form
Fees per term:
£13,124 per term
Religious Affiliation: Church of England
ISEB Pre-test, Common Entrance or school’s own exam, as well as Preview Weekend, interview and previous school’s report
Autumn 2019: 2nd September – 12th December
Spring 2020: 6th January – 26th March
Summer 2020: 20th April – 4th July
11+: 7th November 2019
16th November 2019
13+: 26th November 2019
13+: 23rd January 2020
30th January 2020
29th February 2020
13+: 6th March 2020
17th March 2020
We offer every girl A Complete Education in which she realises her academic potential, grows as an individual and is well prepared for life beyond school.
This is achieved through an outstanding academic offering which will help your daughter to achieve her very best, together with unrivalled co-curricular opportunities and a dedicated focus on developing every girl’s personal and professional skills.
Our unique boarding model is central to this Complete Education, as it builds a strong partnership between School and home.
“We are proud to consistently hear that the girls at Benenden are happy and relaxed, and that there is a culture of ‘stretch without stress’. Parents tell us that they simply ‘got a feeling’ when they visited Benenden that they knew it was the right school for their daughter. We would be delighted to welcome you to visit us to see Benenden for yourself.”
Inside ScoopBehind the scenes access from the schools themselves with unique parent reviews
A Parent's Perspective
Benenden School has wonderful facilities set in beautiful Kent countryside. There is an exceptional band of teachers and support staff with the most amazing pastoral care. The school has a broad and flexible approach to study, providing “A Complete Education”. Girls’ timetables are personalised to optimise both their academic studies and their vocational passions. Indeed the breadth of co-curricular activities is fantastic. However, what the glossy brochures cannot capture is the warm all-embracing culture of the school. This enables the girls to have a sense of purpose and compassion. Individuality and friendships are cherished with equal measure. Only by visiting the school will you see how happy and relaxed the girls are in their school environment. Within this supportive environment, girls are able to flourish.
Boarding means that staff really get to know the girls, not only in the classroom but also in different social environments within the school too. The boarding element creates a safe environment for the girls to grow; they can take little steps towards adulthood. It is a place where they can make mistakes and learn from them due to the non-judgemental nature of the environment.
The boarding house culture at the school is also one that embraces learning. The girls really do support one another, especially during the stressful exam periods. They help each other with their revision and there is a sense in the house of being in it all together. It is cool to be smart or excel in a particular field; learning and achieving are respected and congratulated by all. Therefore, boarding teaches the girls how to get along in a collaborative manner, in a way that builds confidence.
The strong community feel within the school extends beyond pupils and teachers. Family and friends are made to feel welcome at all times. Indeed, as well as many school events, there are many parent events too which means that there is a strong bond across everybody connected with Benenden, both past and present. This connection means that you, as parents and guardians, are part of the Benenden community. This undoubtedly helps nurture your relationship with your child.
I can honestly put my hand on my heart and say that our relationships with our daughters have been enhanced by the school. They have become independent and thoughtful girls who appreciate all the amazing opportunities that this school offers but at the same time value their family and friends who continue to still be a big part of their lives too.
As Parents, We Love...
- Personalised timetable to ensure that each girl can excel both academically and are given the time to support their passions/interests too. They are encouraged to stretch their minds but without the stress.
- The community feel and fantastic communication between parents and staff. They really know our daughters so well and it is clear that their welfare is of paramount importance.
- That the girls have to work and live together within the boarding community, which makes them appreciate diversity and understand compromise. These are such important skills to learn before embarking on university and work life.
Our Children Love...
- Being with our friends everyday and having so much fun in the boarding house. It feels like our extended family as everyone supports you through all the ups and downs of teenage life.
- The awesome school trips, from skiing in Colorado to salt mining in Austria. Some of these trips have given us life-long memories like singing mass in Notre-Dame, singing for The Princess Royal at a private event and the orchestra accompanying the world-renowned violinist Tasmin Little in London.
- The food is first class, we have been introduced to so many international cuisines and of course the famous Benenden chocolate brownies are not to be missed.