About the School
Type: Senior, Sixth Form
Day/Boarding: Full Boarding
Number of Pupils: 830
Fees per term:
Religious Affiliation: Christian
Year 9 entry: Visit www.harrowschool.org.uk/Year-9-Entry
Year 12 entry: Visit www.harrowschool.org.uk/year-12-entry
Autumn Term: 3rd September - 7th December 2018
Spring Term: 6th January - 28th March 2020
20th April - 4th July 2020
“At Harrow, we believe that success should be measured not by grades, but by one’s influence on the world. The willingness and ability to learn, to lead and to serve are what enable a life to be both well-lived and worthwhile.”
Inside ScoopBehind the scenes access from the schools themselves with unique parent reviews
A Parent's Perspective
First class is a term often applied to the best eduction available and that is the expression we, as parents, would use about Harrow. From our very first tour to our son’s first day, everything was first class and continues only to delight us at every turn. What we love most is how privileged our son feels to a be part of the school.
We chose Harrow because we had complete confidence we would be securing a first class education for our son but more important than that, we felt the pastoral care was on another level. The boys in our son’s year, in his house, all have a broad range of differing talents, so he has friends who are incredible at a range of different sports, academic, music and drama. It is a wonderfully eclectic group with an incredibly broad skillset between them but one thing every boy was chosen for is their kind and generous spirit.
Harrow has a reputation for this quality and it shows. Our son was sent a letter in the holidays before he started at the school by his ‘Shepherd’ in the year above and also from a sixth form boy who was instrumental in helping him settle in. When he moved up in to this position and became a Shepherd himself, he remembered how the letter helped him and took his job helping his Shell settle in very seriously when it was his turn. We chose Harrow because we felt the pastoral was going to be good but it has exceeded our expectations at every turn. We love it and our son is absolutely thriving.
As Parents, We Love...
- The pastoral care is outstanding and the school has an extremely strong sense of social responsibility which translates into how the boys behave towards each other – it is a kind place.
- The Design & Technology department is outstanding, our son’s eyes nearly popped out of his head when he saw all the resources at his disposal.
- Shooting, fishing, skiing and sailing are some of the extra curricular sports the school does brilliantly. Our son is on a team for all of these, in addition to traditional sports, so there is never a dull moment!
Our Children Love...
- Going to the inspirational lectures given by industry leaders, it’s cool to go to these at Harrow and the boys love them.
- The amazing ski trip to Canada at Christmas with race training that transformed his skiing and then being selected for the school boys racing in Wengen the following month.
- Ordering Dominoes pizza to be delivered to his house on a Saturday night!